Case Study: Transforming the Organization
Use the Week 5 Case Study Template to complete this assignment.
Congratulations! The executives are taking your information system proposal seriously. In fact, they think it has the potential to transform the way the organization works.
The CIO asked you to read Too Much of a Good Thing to think about what resources you will need to get your new information system up and running. Please also review the five case studies in The Leader’s Role in Managing Change so you can recommend a change management pattern for your company to follow.
Write a memo to the CIO that describes how to implement your information system into the organization. Please focus on these topics:
- How much of the implementation work can you handle? What additional resources (people, information, time, money, etc.) will expedite the process so you don’t end up like Susie Jeffer?
- What is your change management strategy? Provide an outline. Consider:
- What new equipment and software are necessary?
- What training and support will the staff need?
- How will the staff complete their work during the transition period?
- Do you anticipate other areas of resistance?
The CIO is very skeptical, so provide evidence that your assessment is accurate and complete. It can be difficult to admit to personal limitations!
Your memo should be 3–5 pages long.
Use these references as well as additional
Brett Connelly. 2016. Too Much of a Good Thing: User Leadership at TPAC. https://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/EJ1136256.pdf
Kallol Kumar Basu. 2015. The Leader’s Role in Managing Change: Five Cases of Technology-Enabled Business Transformation. Global Business & Organizational Excellence, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 28–42.
Follow all instructions given above and below
Absolutely no plagiarism, APA style, ect
Please include graphs, examples, ect within the memo in describing what is asking above
Follow the template example below for the format of the memo and also reference the paper below Karens Proposal to elaborate on whats being asked above.
Everything in bold is extremely important in following directions for the memo!
Looking for thorough and quality work