Chapter 4: Emotions and Moods
- Differentiate between emotions and moods.
- Identify the sources of emotions and moods.
- Show the impact emotional labor has on employees.
- Describe affective events theory and its applications.
- Describe emotional intelligence.
- Identify strategies for emotion regulation.
- Apply concepts about emotions and moods to specific OB issues.
Chapter 5: Personality and Values
- Describe personality, the way it is measured, and the factors that shape it.
- Describe the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) personality framework and the Big Five model,
- Discuss how the concepts of core self-evaluation (CSE), self-monitoring, and proactive personality contribute to the understanding of personality.
- Describe how the situation affects whether personality predicts behavior.
- Contrast terminal and instrumental values.
- Describe the differences between person-job fit and person-organization fit.
- Identify Hofstede’s five value dimensions and the Global Leadership and Organizational Behavior Effectiveness
Reflect on the assigned readings for the week. Identify what you thought was the most important concept(s), method(s), term(s), and/or any other thing that you felt was worthy of your understanding.
Also, provide a graduate-level response to each of the following questions:
- At what time of day are people in the best mood? Describe how mood changes throughout the day.
- Some might argue that emotional regulation is an unethical behavior. Why might someone take this position?
[Post should be at least 450+ words and in APA format (including Times New Roman with font size 12 and double spaced). Post the actual body of your paper in the discussion thread then attach a Word version of the paper for APA review].BE) framework.