Justify the need for EBPH
There are many public health challenges in our community and state that if addressed in a timely manner, can improve the health of everyone involved. In this assignment, you are being challenged to identify one such public health opportunity in your community or state and use the constructs of EBPH to propose a solution, correction, or reduction of that public health issue.
Using the assigned and suggested readings for this week, the South University online library, the Internet, and your experience, think of or identify a public health problem, issue, situation, or concern that is of personal interest to you. Keep this public health problem, issue, situation, or concern in mind because you will be using this problem, issue, situation, or concern throughout this course for other assignments and ultimately for your final project.
In your decision to select your public health problem, issue, situation, or concern, ensure that you consider the following:
- A specific health condition or risk factor
- The target or specific population affected (population can be defined by age, gender, race or ethnicity, geographic region, etc.)
- The size and scope of the problem
- The prevention opportunities
- The potential stakeholders
Then, do the following:
- Provide a 3 to 5 page paper defending or justifying the need for an evidence-based approach to address, control, reduce, or eliminate that particular public health problem, issue, situation, or concern.
- Explain how you can use the evidence-based approach to design or propose a practical tactic to the public health problem, issue, situation, or concern that you have identified.
- Write a 3 to 5 page, double-spaced paper in Word format. Cite all sources on a separate page. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
- Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_W1_Project.doc. For example, if your name is John Smith, your document will be named SmithJ_W1_Project.doc.
- By the due date assigned, deliver your assignment to the Submissions Area.