Enhancing teamwork across care provider levels: The manager of a medical surgical unit has observed, and had complaints about, lack of teamwork between the RN’s and the patient care techs (PCT’s). Your task is to research an intervention to enhance teamwork on the unit.
- Write a PICO question based on a scenario you choose from the list of scenarios attached below. Use the templates in the EBP Step by Step 3 article to help create your questions. You may need to do a pre-search to finding an intervention (the “I”) that has been studied and published to solve the problem.
- Identify the PICO elements for each question.
- Develop a search strategy using at least 3 keywords from the P, I, and O parts of your PICO, 1 synonym for one of the keywords, and 1 MeSH term for one of your keywords.
- Locate 4 articles that help answer your PICO question. The articles must meet the following requirements:
- must be primary source quantitative research articles.
- No article can be older than 2017.
- Obtain pdfs of the four articles you selected from the ResU database. They must show the full text of the entire article. If not available for the ResU database, you may request access from the ResU Library, or you can email me the citation for the article, and I will attempt to locate a pdf of it.
- On a Word document, include your scenario; write your PICO question as a sentence; identify the P, I, C, and O for each question; and list the search terms (3 keywords, 1 synonym, 1 MeSH term) for each. You may use the template attached here. See also the link to the MeSH terms website below.
- Provide a properly formatted APA reference page for your selected articles from Step 4 of these instructions. See the link to the APA and Writing LibGuide below.