PURPOSE: The purpose of this assignment is to foster your understanding of policy analysis in order to understand the impact of policy on social work practice. To do this, you will need to pick one social welfare policy. The policy can be local, state, or federal level and can be current or historical.
The paper must include the following elements:
- Introduce your paper and the paper content.
- Description of the policy
- What is your policy?
- Is this a policy already enacted or a policy that has been introduced?
- What is the social problem the policy seeks to mitigate?
- Based on the perspectives presented in Johnson & Rhodes (2015), which perspective does this policy most align and WHY?
- Include important historical information leading up to the formation of the policy.
- Who are the stakeholders involved in the creation of this policy?
- What is your policy?
- Choose a framework discussed in Barusch (2018) for your policy (rational framework, interpretive framework, critical framework).
- Choose the approach discussed in Barusch (2018) most appropriate for your policy (process, implementation, or impact).
- Discuss WHY this approach was chosen.
- Based on the approach chosen, complete the analysis. NOTE: This should be the bulk of your paper. Utilize outside sources to support your assertions and always explain WHY.
- Based on the previous information, synthesize and develop a policy statement.
Present a graduate-level paper that has an introduction, main body, and a conclusion.
10+ pages, double spaced, typed, using a 12-point font size and one-inch margins. Utilize headings to guide the reader through your paper.
Follow the formatting style as described in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th edition).
Grading Rubric: Policy Analysis (1)Grading Rubric: Policy Analysis (1)CriteriaRatingsPtsThis criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomePolicy DescriptionThe paper clearly describes the policy, including any historical context.
The social problem is clearly identified.50.0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeFramework & ApproachA framework was chosen and supported.
The correct approach was chosen and includes a rationale. Note: If the incorrect approach was chosen, the analysis portion will not receive credit.50.0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAnalysisThe analysis is complete, well thought out, and utilizes outside support.100.0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeMechanics/APA/CohesivenessClear use of APA and followed for each citation chosen. Paper follows APA standards in the use of headings.
Paper is well structured with an introduction to the paper content and a conclusion.
Free of stylistic/mechanical errors.50.0 pts
Total Points: 250.0PreviousNext