TOPIC: Benchmark – Funding Plan
The purpose of this assignment is to create a plan for funding an intervention while applying financial planning and management best practices.
Write a 1,200-1,500 word plan for funding, including the following information:
- Description of the data used to determine the targeted health disparity.
- Description of the health disparity targeted through the intervention.
- Description of intervention sustainability.
- Description of possible cost savings resulting from intervention implementation.
- Rationale for chosen sources of funding.
- A proposed budget that includes total cost of implementation, expenses, and amount of funding received.
- Description of adherence to financial planning and management best practices.
Include up to two resources in your paper.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
This benchmark assesses the following programmatic competency:
MSN Public Health Nursing
6.6: Apply financial planning and management best practices in the development and administration of public health nursing interventions.
Read Chapter 5 in Public Health Nursing: Population-Centered Health Care in the Community.
Read “Prevention and Public Health Fund” (2016), located on the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services website. URL: https://www.hhs.gov/open/prevention/index.html#
Read “Public Health Financing” (2013), located on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website. URL: https://www.cdc.gov/stltpublichealth/docs/finance/Public_Health_Financing-6-17-13.pdf
Explore “Chapter 42. Getting Grants and Financial Resources,” located on the Community Toolbox website (2018). URL: https://ctb.ku.edu/en/table-of-contents/finances/grants-and-financial-resources
Explore “Chapter 43. Managing Finances,” located on the Community Toolbox website (2018). URL: https://ctb.ku.edu/en/table-of-contents/finances/managing-finances
Explore the Grants page of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website. URL: https://www.cdc.gov/grants/
Explore the grants.gov website for information about grants available for population-based interventions. URL: https://www.grants.gov/