Good public health program planners are able to clearly describe, descriptively and/or analytically, the priority population and use that information to guide them when developing an intervention (activity) to address the specific problem.
In your final deliverable consisting of both an 8–10-page report and a 15–20-slide PowerPoint presentation, you will use the information from the pre-intervention elementary school asthma study to create an education plan for asthma prevention among school children in four schools, based on the social ecological model. See the model illustration below.
The findings and recommendations in your paper and PowerPoint presentation must be supported by your primary data results and peer-reviewed literature. Give reasons and examples in support of your positions. Cite all sources using APA format.
Click here to install Minitab Software.
You may review the following resources:
- CDC. (2013). Colorectal cancer control program (CRCCP): Social ecological model. Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/cancer/crccp/sem.htm
- CDC. (2012). Program Performance and Evaluation Office (PPEO)—Program evaluation: A framework for program evaluation. Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/eval/framework/index.htm
Your plan should be delivered in an 8–10-page report and include:
- Clear explanations of each level of the ecological model and how it addresses the problem.
- Positions supported by the asthma data and statistics from this course, which support the need for the education program.
- Calculations indicating if there is a significant difference in asthma prevalence between four schools (A, B, C, and D) using Statistical Inference and t-Tests. Refer to the help files in the Minitab application specifically for Statistical Inference and t-Tests.
- A well-supported answer to the question: Is there one school that has a greater need than others for priority in asthma education and why?
Your 15–20-slide PowerPoint presentation should summarize your informatics research completed in Weeks 1–4, and your final needs assessment findings and recommendations. The PowerPoint presentation must include:
- Relevant information from your asthma study, and be visually stimulating with graphics and pictures as appropriate
- References both within the PowerPoint slides and a full citation on the last slide
- Speaker notes on each slide plus an audio file of your narration of the presentation using the “record narration” feature
- Submit your 15–20-slide presentation in MS PowerPoint format and your 8–10-page report in a MS Word format to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.
- Name your document SU_PHE6203_W5_A2_A_LastName_FirstInitial.doc and your PowerPoint presentation SU_PHE6203_W5_A2_B_LastName_FirstInitial.ppt.