The goal of public health is to prevent disease or injury for the entire population—that is, the city, state, or country. A public health approach to cancer may involve a state-wide awareness campaign about the risk factors for cancer (such as related to smoking or sun exposure). However, it is very important to consider the legal and economic factors that will come into play in developing such a campaign for it to become successful.
Using the Internet, create a PowerPoint presentation with a maximum of 10-12 slides.
Cover the following:
- Propose a solution to a public health problem (such as obesity prevention and control, environmental health issues, or infectious diseases) at the local or national level.
- Address the legal considerations and economic impact of the problem.
- Be sure to cover concepts you have learned throughout the course in your presentation, such as:
- Direct versus indirect costs
- Technical assistance
You presentation should include the following:
- Title and reference slides (in addition to the 10–12 slides of content)
- Headings for each section
- Speaker notes