REFLECTION ON LEARNING 1
American Association of Colleges of Nursing. (2006). The essentials of doctoral education for advanced nursing practice. https://www.aacnnursing.org/Education-Resources/AACN-Essentials (Links to an external site.)
Dang, D., & Dearholt, S. L. (2018). Johns Hopkins nursing evidence-based practice: Model and guidelines (3rd ed.). Sigma Theta Tau International.
· Chapter 1: Evidence-Based Practice: Context, Concerns, and Challenges
· Chapter 7: Evidence Appraisal: Nonresearch
· Appendix F: Nonresearch Evidence Appraisal Tool
White, K. M., Dudley-Brown, S., & Terhaar, M. F. (2016). Translation of evidence into nursing and health care (2nd ed.). Springer Publishing Company.
· Chapter 4: Translation of Evidence to Improve Clinical Outcomes
REFLECTION ON LEARNING
Reflective inquiry allows for expansion in self-awareness, identification of knowledge gaps, and assessment of learning goals. Each week, you will reflect upon what you have learned and complete a reflective journal assignment: Reflection on Learning. Each weekly reflection is placed in one document, which will be submitted for grading at the end of Week 7. There is no weekly reflection in Week 8 because a reflection is incorporated into the discussion question. Create a document where you will keep your weekly reflection.
In your document, reflect upon your Week 1 learning journey in NR701 and consider the following in one or two paragraphs.
· Provide one specific example of how you achieved the weekly objectives.
· What did you learn from this week to challenge your beliefs or attitudes?
· How will this knowledge improve your effectiveness as a practice scholar?