The primary goal of operational security is to protect & secure the operations of an enterprise, while securing the technologies needed to maintain network and resource availability. Your residency project will include research & analysis on the below:
Write a ten to fifteen (10 – 15) page paper in which you:
- Compare & Contrast access control in relations to risk, threat and vulnerability.
- Research and discuss how different auditing and monitoring techniques are used to identify & protect the system against network attacks.
- Explain the relationship between access control and its impact on CIA (maintaining network confidentiality, integrity and availability).
- Describe access control and its level of importance within operations security.
- Argue the need for organizations to implement access controls in relations to maintaining confidentiality, integrity and availability (e.g., Is it a risky practice to store customer information for repeat visits?)
- Describe the necessary components within an organization’s access control metric.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Use at least ten – twelve (10 – 12 ) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are NOT included in the required assignment page length.