Just as other areas of need and at-risk populations require additional resources and support, so do couples and families. As a helping professional, you will be required to be aware of and be able to evaluate the mental health services provided in your community, from treatment to primary preventative interventions.
For this Assignment, select one issue from the following list:
- substance abuse
- domestic violence
- child abuse and neglect
- child/adolescent drug/alcohol abuse
Identify a resource in your own community that provides primary, secondary, and tertiary services or resources for the issue you selected. Then, consider any gaps that may exist and how you might address them.
The Assignment (2–3 pages)
- Identify the issue you selected.
- Describe the community resource you selected.
- Explain how it provides primary, secondary, and/or tertiary services or resources specifically for families and couples.
- Explain any gaps that may exist.
- Explain how you might address these gaps. Be specific.
Support your Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are asked to provide a reference list for all resources, including those in the resources for this course.