Teaching Diverse Learners Presentation
For this assignment you will prepare a 10-12-slide PowerPoint presentation on teaching techniques for diverse learners.
Prepare a plan for designing and delivering instruction that addresses both the needs of the selected population as well as other diverse students.
- Select a population that represents a type of diversity, which may include ethnic, learning styles, age, or cognitive ability. The selected population may be nursing students, staff members, or patients.
- Explain how your selected population’s characteristic impacts their learning styles.
- Provide three teaching strategies an educator could use with that particular group of learners.
- Include a rationale for each strategy as to why it would be effective.
- Use at least three scholarly, peer-reviewed resources less than 5 years old in addition to course materials.
Online students are required to provide comprehensive speaker notes.
Students in traditional classes are not required to include speakers’ notes, but will present their work in class and be evaluated on professional teaching style.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.