urgent, for tomorrow at 5 pm
b. Debate -50 points/50%
• The opposing positions debated are made clear.
• Argue the issue from a Pro position crediting a supporting scholarly source.
• Argue the issue from a Con position crediting a supporting scholarly source.
• Present arguments in a clear and articulate manner.
• Use appropriate ethical principle(s) to support each position.
• Consider which, if any, ethical principles are in conflict with the opposing positions.
• Use three (3) provisions of the ANA Code of Ethics that apply to the ethical dilemma.
• Discuss possible outcomes of each position being argued.
• Present a plan for resolving the issue (for patient, family and the nurse).
c. Post-Debate Discussion – 15 points/15%
• Elicit questions from the class after the debate.
• Respond professionally and appropriately to questions from the class and faculty.
• Include concluding remarks by moderator.
d. PowerPoint – 20 points/20%
• Title page • Brief description of the assigned case
• Ethical dilemma the case presents • Ethical principles that relate to the case
• Three (3) provisions from the ANA code of Ethics that apply to the case
• Possible outcomes • Plan for resolving the dilemma
• At least 2 sources used to support work • Reference page
• 10-12 slides (Do not exceed 12 slides) e. APA Style and Organization – 10 points/10%
• References are submitted with assignment.
• Uses current APA format and is free of errors.
• Grammar and mechanics are free of errors
. • At least three (3) scholarly, peer reviewed, primary sources from the last 5 years, excluding the textbook, are provided.