Review the following lectures:
- Unfair Labor Practices
- Bargaining and Enforcement
The project assignment provides a forum for analyzing and evaluating relevant topics for this week on the basis of the course competencies covered.
Disagreements between labor and employer are pervasive. Currently, there are numerous strikes, grievances, unfair labor practice allegations, lockouts, and other labor disputes occurring across the U.S.
Conduct an Internet search to find a current labor dispute occurring in the U.S.
- Identify the parties involved in the dispute and provide the factual details of the dispute, presenting the arguments of both sides.
- Describe the dispute using the vocabulary of Section 8 of the NLRA, such as unfair labor practice, strike, and collective bargaining.
- Evaluate how you think the dispute will be resolved using NLRA vocabulary properly in support of your prediction.
- Compare the ethical right and wrong you observe in this dispute, presenting both sides.
To support your work, use your course and text readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
- Create a 4–6 page Microsoft Word document.
- Name your file as SU_HRM5020_W3_Project_LastName_FirstName.doc.