Read Case 37.1 Northeast Iowa Ethanol, LLC v. Drizin (See Attached Case). The court held that the “corporate veil” could be pierced.
- Explain what “piercing the corporate veil” means.
- What is civil fraud?
- Did Drizin act ethically in this case?
- Did the owners of Northeast Iowa have any responsibility for the losses they suffered in this case?
- Do you think that the plaintiff, Northeast Iowa will recover on its $11.4 million judgment?
- What factors would you change?
Be sure to support your opinion with facts from the textbook, research or resources along with citation of those sources.