The alarming opioid crisis, with its staggering death rates, is affecting the life expectancy rates of Americans. Select one of the populations on the map and address the following:
- Compare the opioid-related overdose death rates of the selected population to national opioid-related overdose death rates.
- Identify one primary, one secondary, and one tertiary prevention intervention to reduce the misuse of opioids in the selected population.
- Describe one evidence-based strategy to address provider opioid prescription rates.
- Identify the stakeholders charged with addressing the opioid crisis in your community.
- Share your professional experience related to the topic.
Statistic in Florida:
- Opioid-Related Overdose Death Rates (per 100,000 people) (2016): 14.40
- Opioid Pain Reliever Prescriptions (per 100 persons) (2015): 62.80