Create a 10–12 slide presentation that includes your findings about Internet recruiting and a job posting for a sales representative position.
Note: Complete the assessments in this course in the order in which they are presented, beginning with Assessment 1.
How organizations begin transitioning from recruiting a large pool of qualified applicants to selecting the best applicant for the position is a complex process that changes over time.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
· Competency 1: Describe how hiring practices support an organization’s strategy.
. Develop a CapraTek job description for use in a job posting.
· Competency 2: Assess approaches for recruiting, selecting, and retaining talent.
. Compare the quality of the job information for each employer and Web site from an applicant’s and employer’s point-of-view.
· Competency 3: Explore technology tools that support recruiting and staffing management.
. Articulate the user-friendliness of the online application process for the selected employers.
. Articulate the user-friendliness of the general job search Web sites.
. Summarize findings for or against CapraTek using these selected Web sites for posting positions and searching for applicants.
· Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly and professional.
. Design slides that are uncrowded, visually appealing, and easy to read.
. Communicate in a professional manner that is appropriate for the intended audience.
Employment selection decisions are significant for managers and organizations. Poor decisions can result in a tremendous loss for the company. Employee performance is critical to organizational effectiveness because an organization will only be as productive as its workers.
The Assessment 4 Context document contains additional information about the types of assessments used to select personnel.
Questions to consider
To deepen your understanding, you are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of your professional community.
· Have you ever taken a test in school or for a job that simply did not make sense to you? Which test would you have chosen instead?
· Which type of hiring strategy (for example, permanent hire, using a temporary agency, et cetera) would you use for CapraTek’s new manufacturing employees? Why?
· Which type of recruiting strategy (for example, permanent hire, contract-to-hire, et cetera) would you use to fill the four CapraTek sales positions? Why?
· How might social media fit into your hiring plans?