As a security administrator for Always Fresh, you have been instructed to ensure that Windows
authentication, networking, and data access are hardened. This will help to provide a high level of
The following are issues to be addressed through hardening techniques:
▪ Previous attempts to protect user accounts have resulted in users writing long passwords down
and placing them near their workstations. Users should not write down passwords or create
passwords that attackers could easily guess, such as words founds in the dictionary.
▪ Every user, regardless of role, must have at least one unique user account. A user who operates
in multiple roles may have multiple unique user accounts. Users should use the account for its
intended role only.
▪ Anonymous users of the web server applications should only be able to access servers located in
the demilitarized zone (DMZ). No anonymous web application users should be able to access any
protected resources in the Always Fresh IT infrastructure.
▪ To protect servers from attack, each server should authenticate connections based on the source
computer and user.
Create a summary report to management that describes a hardening technique that addresses each
issue listed above. Provide rationale for each selection.
▪ Internet access
▪ Course textbook
▪ Format: Microsoft Word (or compatible)
▪ Font: Arial, size 12, double-space
▪ Citation Style: Follow your school’s preferred style guide
▪ Length: 2 to 4 pages
▪ I addressed all issues required for the summary report.
▪ I created a well-developed and formatted report with proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
▪ I followed the submission guidelines.