- This assignment walks you through the steps necessary to import data, run analyses on that data, and interpret the results. After you complete this assignment, you will be familiar with why and how companies use SAS®. Completing this assignment will help you successfully complete all of the remaining assignments in this course.
Good For You! Bakery, a commercial bakery with national distribution that specializes in shelf-stable bars characterized by a high protein, fiber, and mineral profile, has gathered sales data over the four years it’s been in business. Competition has increased over the last couple of years, and thanks to a steadily contracting economy, profit margins have become tight.
Eileen Dover, CEO of Good For You! Bakery, wants to try to streamline operations to reduce overhead costs. She has asked you to identify the states in which the company has historically sold the most product, and the states in which it has sold the least. This information will help Ms. Dover decide where to focus the company’s marketing and distribution efforts.
For this assignment, you will run SAS® analytics to answer the following questions:
- In which states has the Good For You! Bakery sold the most product over the last four years?
- In which states has the company sold the least product over the last four years?
- What recommendation regarding marketing and distribution, if any, would you make to the CEO based on this analysis?
- Follow the instructions in the Week 1 Assignment Instructions document to complete this assignment. The data you will be using for this assignment is located in the Week 1 Assignment Data file.
Submit your SAS® program and your Microsoft® Word document.