Discussion 1 -wk6
Shared Practice—How Secure Is Your Data, Information, and Information Systems Technology?
Imagine the following scenario:
You come home from work one evening, turn on the lights, and notice someone has ransacked your office area and has stolen a lot of your personal information and professional documents, including the final design for your organization’s new marketing campaign. A month later, you read in the paper that another company just came out with the very marketing campaign your organization designed months before.
It sounds like a scene right out of a movie, but it does happen, and it’s a scenario that can happen quite dramatically on an organizational level, both domestically and globally.
For this week’s Discussion, conduct a search using the Internet or Walden Library for 2–3 current and credible articles that focus on trends in security issues affecting today’s information systems/information technology world. You should focus on articles that describe trends that affect or could potentially affect global and domestic business operations.
Post the following:
- Provide a brief description of two or more trends related to data, information, information systems, or information technology, security.
- Analyze how the security issues you identified are challenging businesses, including your organization.
- Describe how you, as a manager, will ensure that you protect the data and information you use, communicate, or manage.
Please be specific, and use citations and references as appropriate and necessary.
Read a selection of the posts submitted by your colleagues.
Respond to two or more of your colleagues in one or more of the following ways:
- Compare your findings to the list of security trends your colleague identified. Look for similarities and differences. Share the insights you gained.
- Offer additional ideas or recommendations about how the security issues your colleague identified could potentially affect business or the organization your colleague discussed. Provide examples or observations from your experience or readings from the week.
- Offer your thoughts about potential ways that business or the organization identified by you colleague could mitigate or eliminate the risks posed.
- Share how the trends identified by your colleague could impact or potentially impact your organization or one with which you are familiar. Discuss how your organization could mitigate or eliminate the risks posed.